1905: Sedgwick County Courthouse, 510 N. Main. Architect W.R. McPherson designed this massive building, which was built in 1888 on land donated by pioneer Darius Munger. The original design featured the lofty clock tower seen in the vintage photo above left. A local historical preservation group is currently planning to reconstruct the tower, which was removed some time during the 20th century. Courthouse functions moved directly across the street into the new county building in 1959.