1911: Central Fire Station, 109 E. William. Immediately to the east of the old City Hall stood this Romanesque Revival building of limestone, which served as the city's central firehouse for a number of years before being repurposed as the downtown police station. A small park occupies the site today, sandwiched between the Historical Museum and the parking garage that supplanted the old Wichita Eagle building.