1930: YWCA Dormitory, 340 N. Market. Another Proudfoot & Bird design, the brawny building in the above left photo originally served as Lewis Academy, a school operated by the First Presbyterian Church. By 1913 the church had closed the school and the building was sold to the Young Women's Christian Association, who used it until 1949, when it was razed. The site is now occupied by the Salvation Army's Wichita City Command; design cues from the old building have been incorporated into the new.