1943: Farmers & Bankers Life Insurance Building, First & Market. This corner of downtown Wichita has changed little over the decades. Note the KFBI sign in the above left photo; that radio station (named for Farmers & Bankers Insurance) broadcast from the fifth floor. The building to the left, now called Landmark Square, was originally known as the Elks Building. First Street appears as a two-way thoroughfare in the left-hand photo; today it is an eastbound one-way street.